Sunday, September 10, 2017

A pit is being dug

Recovery Day 16

“For here we do not have a lasting city, but we are seeking the city which is to come.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭13:14‬ ‭

When we come to Jesus and say "here I am, do what you must do to be glorified" we should not be surprised when He works. The past couple of days I've been very concerned with what others think or may feel or react to a certain situation. Through this God is providing me the opportunity to grow and SEEK Him. When we take our eyes off Christ that is when we experience worry, anxiety, and unrest. But when we have an audience of One there is peace, love and rest. I'm learning through God's grace in these circumstances that living my life with the knowledge of what is to come (our eternal home with our Lord) brings so much peace.

Recovery Day 17
“Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭13:15‬ ‭

“Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, And trust in the LORD.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭4:5‬ ‭

For the past 3 years come December I start praying over a word God wants to use in my life for the coming year.  Sacrifice is my word this year. I have been studying it and praying what God has for me through it and I don't think He is done teaching me through this word? See when I first heard this word from the Lord last December I was floored. Sacrifice is a scary word. One that I know I was not jumping for joy to experience. What was sacrifice going to look like in my life in 2017?  However a lot of my study over this word has come back to praise. Praising the Lord. A sacrifice of praise is counted as greater than any physical sacrifice.

“"He who offers a sacrifice of thanksgiving honors Me;..."”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭50:23‬a

I know now that when I truly worship and praise the Lord with my life He is honored and glorified.  What does this look like? It looks like what I have been talking about through this entire season.

“But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith, that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death; in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭3:7-12‬

Recovery Day 18

“Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant, even Jesus our Lord, equip you in every good thing to do His will, working in us that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭13:20-21‬ ‭

The Lord has called me to a season of rest and although I am struggling to rest in Him this verse is like the softest pillow when I'm so very exhausted and the most amazing  sunrise or sunset that brings about a calming effect knowing that the Lord had me right where I needed to be so that I could see Him in all His glory. Deep breath in.....exhaling slowly. Awwwwwwwww......

Recovery Day 19

Let's be reminded to read this tomorrow morning.

The Warrior’s Prayer

Heavenly Father, Your warrior prepares for battle. Today I claim victory over Satan by putting on the whole armor of God!

I put on the Girdle of Truth!
May I stand firm in the truth of Your Word so I will not be a victim of Satan’s lies.

I put on the Breastplate of Righteousness!
May it guard my heart from evil so I will remain pure and holy, protected under the blood of Jesus Christ.

I put on the Shoes of Peace!
May I stand firm in the Good News of the Gospel so Your peace will shine through me and be a light to all I encountI take the Shield of Faith!
May I be ready for Satan’s fiery darts of doubt, denial and deceit so I will not be vulnerable to spiritual defeat.

I put on the Helmet of Salvation!
May I keep my mind focused on You so Satan will not have a stronghold on my thoughts.

I take the Sword of the Spirit!
May the two-edged sword of Your Word be ready in my hands so I can expose the tempting words of Satan.
By faith your warrior has put on the armor of God!

I am prepared to live this day in spiritual victory! AMEN!!

Dr. David Jeremiah

Recovery Day 20

All time low today. I'm going to simply be obedient in asking for prayer over my mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment