Saturday, September 2, 2017

God is Chiseling

Recovery Day 11
“This expression, "Yet once more," denotes the removing of those things which can be shaken, as of created things, so that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭12:27‬ ‭

Can I get an AMEN!!!!

I'm feeling led to push into the nitty gritty of all this; meaning let's talk about the tough stuff. As a wife and mom and having the job of staying home I have been forced to ask other women to come take care of my household. Yes some have said get rest, relax take this time to allow others to bless you. And while I fully am embracing this, there are still those moments of battling my inner want to have control over my life. God and I have been working on this issue for some time and I think I have made some great progress. However this season has brought dealing with my control issue to a whole new level. I no longer know exactly where my dishes are, I'm not able to always go tuck my little girls into bed because of exhaustion, I don't sleep very well at night due to comfort, I have to ask and ask and ask for people to do things for me, I have to tell people where everything in my house is, my husband comes home tired from work and has to do all that I would normally do (yes I know as several have told me it's good for him but I'm his helpmate it's just hard to watch at times), and I have to watch my kids (that includes my nephews) cry from time to time because they want me to do something with them that I just can't physically do. Now I do not think God has lead me to write this for pity's sake; actually I feel that He is calling me to be real with you to tell you this so you know I am struggling, I am having times of heartache, I am human yea know.  I simply decided at the vary beginning I was not going to hold onto those thoughts, feelings or emotions because how will they glorify God? Sulking in my own self pity will not lead me to Christ. It only leads me to more sulking and sadness and darkness and I'm simply not going to go there.  Life is complicated and hard and stressful etc. etc. but God is in the thick of it and as Jeremy said on Sunday we must have our God glasses on at all times looking for Him in all that surrounds us. Because truthfully He is in all that is surrounding us!

Recovery Day 12

“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭6:10‬ ‭

“Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men,”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:23‬

“Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe;”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭12:28‬ ‭

Today was an up and down day. Or I guess I should say an ok day, then not so ok, then ok kind of day.  I'm getting restless. The true problem with today is that I woke up and started my day with plans. Not plans to meet with the Lord the moment I opened my eyes. Plans to get some things accomplished. I desire to take my child to school and I believe I'm at the point I could do it. I want to get breakfast and lunch fixed for my kids and I believe I could do it. But did I stop to ask what God wanted. Did I remember in those not so ok times today to pray....NOPE.

I live with the Holy Spirit therefor I hold the power and strength of the Lord with me where ever I may go, or in my case sit. Ha ha. Today I was not doing all that I did for the Lord. And I was not grateful for God's truths of an unshakable kingdom to come and I did not serve Him in reverence and in awe.

Moral of the story...GET OVER YOURSELF RANDI!!!!  Seek first the kingdom of God. Have an audience of ONE.  All things work to together for the good of those who love the Lord.

Oh by the way the doctor told me that I grow bone like a pediatric patient. Meaning I grow bone back fast and the doctor was astonished. Yea yea doc that's not that big of a deal. The same God who created me with the ability to grow bone back fast.....created all things in 7 days, split the Red Sea, kept a man alive in a lions den, had a whale swallow a man and spit him out, turned water into wine, fed 5,000+ people with just a few loaves of bread and a couple fish, and concurred death!!!!  MIC DROP!!!!!

Recovery Day 13

“for our God is a consuming fire.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭12:29‬ ‭

Let's dwell on this one.

Recovery Day 14
“for our God is a consuming fire.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭12:29‬

“And to the eyes of the sons of Israel the appearance of the glory of the LORD was like a consuming fire on the mountain top.”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭24:17‬ ‭

Today I'm allowing my flesh (selfish desires)to consume. The  Lord is ever present waiting for me to fix my eyes on His consuming fire. His glory can be seen all around me; if I would only be willing to put off my flesh. I must hand over my want to walk because it is getting in the way of me seeing His glorious flame. Here you go Lord. Take it and consume me!!!

Recovery Day 15

“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭13:8

Praise the Lord, hallelujah, thank you Jesus. My own feelings and emotions can change at the drop of a hat but Jesus is the same; always. His love endures, his grace abounds, and his forgiveness is everlasting. My hope is so founded in this verse. As He is molding me during this season toward His ending goal of completion, I'm enduring. It doesn't look very pretty especially today when I just couldn't stop crying from heartache. But God was there. In my sadness, He was there. Giving me a peace because I knew He will never leave me and giving me joy through the knowledge that I have the body of Christ praying for me and loving on me. And of course a huge shout out to my Nikki (my best friend from college). She and I are kindred spirits. Living almost 250 miles apart we walk the same path day after day. Although physically apart our spirits hold hands every day. Good night friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment