Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Prayer is my Ladder

Recovery Day 20

All time low today. I'm going to simply be obedient in asking for prayer over my mind.

Recovery Day 21
Got outside today to sit and watch the kids play, ran to hobby lobby for more cards, listened to the kids sing how great though art randomly during play and was blessed by our elders wife. She came over and did some deep cleaning at my house and gave me a hair cut!!!! Put yesterday behind me and started anew today.

“Grace be with you all.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭13:25‬ ‭

Recovery days 22-23

“Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭5:1-2‬ ‭

The end of this week I have been in a pit of despair. I know the truth of God's love for me, that He provides peace and joy through all circumstances when our eyes are fixed on Him and I utterly failed to do just that. Instead I allowed lies to creep in. I listened to thoughts that my family would be much better without me. That my husband could find a wife better suited for him and for my daughters. Thoughts that went as far as take several left over pain pills could be my solution to this heartache I have felt for a while now. But God's grace abounded. His love for me came through the knowledge that those were just that, LIES. Lies that the evil one wanted me to believe. The truth is that God is working some things out in me. See in 5 days I am scheduled to speak at Renew (a women's conference) in salina Kansas to a group of women about encouragement. Yes please laugh out loud at the humor in that. Me, still trying to allow God to pull me out of the pit I've dug for myself am going to be used by God to speak encouragement into other women's lives. You can't say God doesn't have a scenes of humor. I'm excited to be a vessel He is still forming and I'm praying and believing that He will be glorified this Friday and Saturday as He pours out truth into these women's lives. Please simply pray for my flesh to be stripped away and for God to shine.

Recovery Day 24

“For You, O LORD, have made me glad by what You have done, I will sing for joy at the works of Your hands.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭92:4‬ ‭

I struggled with how I would react to what the doctor would say today. I didn't want to have a complete meltdown when he told me I would have the cast on for two more weeks and I didn't want to ball my eyes out because of sheer joy if he told me it was coming off. Then he came in and said we are taking that off today. I went into shock, and I'm pretty sure I told him I loved him. Yikes. I had decided in my mind that the cast would be around a while longer yet I knew there was a little hope that it could come off. But my focus was on my reaction not the small glimmer of hope that resided in my heart. Talk about gut check here.

Grace and mercy have been words that continually show up in the scripture that God has lead me to the past three days.  God's grace is beautiful and His mercy is always enough. See although I feel like this broken, bruised, puddle of a woman through this season of healing I know that God still loves me. He still looks upon me and sees His beloved daughter, beautiful creation and He knows that I will be feasting at His table someday in heaven. Glory to God in the highest forever and ever!!!!!

Recovery Day 25

“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:6-7‬ ‭

Let's Pray!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment