Thursday, October 5, 2017

Super Hero Chicken Lady

Hello Friends.
This week has been my first week with no help from my church ladies. Monday I rested in the Lord and was obedient to His teachings for me to be intentional with my time. Then yesterday I decided I would clean the bathroom. I mean REALLY clean the bathroom. So today I was wiped. I had planned since it was wet outside and I was tired and worn out and my body needed rest that we would have a movie day today. I had made a pallet for the kids on the floor, popped us some popcorn to munch on and sat myself on the couch as the first movie started. And here’s where I need to back track to yesterday before going forward. Yesterday we had an intruder. A hawk had decided to prey on one of our new chicks. He won the battle and we are down one chick.  Onto today. The chickens had pushed the fence open because they are clever like that and were roaming the back yard yet again. As I sit on the couch having enjoyed one or two bits of popcorn I heard that sound....you know the sound of a chick being grabbed by a hawk. I jumped up, well I hobbled up and went straight for the door to find one more of my chicks in the grasp of the hawk. I flung the door open and put my shoes on and as fast as I could and headed out to save my chickens. All the while instructing Lily to come with me to help and for the boys to stay inside (praying Luke wouldn’t break or destroy my house while I’m trying to play super hero chicken lady). The hawk had taken my baby chick behind one of our weed infested garden beds but couldn’t lift this one over our fence. So I went and got a rack and the hawk flew off without the chick. I thought it was dead so my attention went to the remainder of my flock. Lils and I tried our best to get these chickens back into the pen so i could herd them into the run to lock them up in safety. They just wouldn’t go. And remember I’m not 100% and I have only been walking with two shoes on at therapy for the past few days but today I’m super hero chicken lady so I can do this right?!?! Nope. After many attempts to get them in the pen I hunched over with both of my hands on my knees and started to weep. My glasses all the way down to the tip of my nose because of sweat and that was it. I cried out to Jesus “Lord, please help me get these chickens in their pen and into the coop”. No amen or nothing. I just stood back up and those chickens when right into the pen and the Lord brought them to safety. The little chick that had been assaulted by the hawk was even in there with them. Time will tell if she makes it but there is hope. I will conclude with the lesson the Lord taught me today.  Do not grow weary my beloved daughter. Cry out to Me because I care for you and hear your prayers. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment